Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Love This Land

The large pond is completely iced over now. It looks like glass. Yesterday the sun was shining, and even though it was cold, it was a perfect day for hiking down around the pond and for taking pictures. Nothing makes me happier than being out on my land.
As you can see, there are still hay bales sitting all over the place. We have heard through the grapevine they are to be picked up this week, but we will see. Even though we'd like to be paid for the hay and get them out of here, I think they look kinda cool sitting around. But, we do need them gone, and there will be more next year!
The bridge that spans the north end of the big pond is definately one of the neatest "extra" features on the place. It was so cool this past fall when some of the grandkids were standing on it with their little fishing poles dangling down in the water. Even Grandma (that's me) did a little jigging and caught a little bass!
I love hills! I knew when I saw this place it was exactly what I was looking for! I didn't really even care what the house was like...as long as it was liveable...it was all about the land for me! And guess what! Even the house has hills! Yes, the floors do roll a bit. In one of the bedrooms upstairs it's so bad you feel almost like you are walking in a fun house when you walk across the floor! LOL! But I don't care...that can all be fixed. The important thing is, I have my hills!

And check out this gorgeous sunset! What a way to end a perfectly wonderful day.

7 comments:

  1. o wow that sunset is just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. Though our land is only 1 1/2 acres, nothing makes me happier than walking outside, burning leaves and watching the sun go down at the end of the day. I even have those same beautiful hay bales and barn...but they belong to my neighbor:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brenda I just loved this post. It embodies what life should be, enjoying what you have warts (rolling floors) and all! Your place looks breathtaking! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody,
    Kim, if I couldn't have my own land with hay bales, having a neibor have them would definately be the next best thing.
    Sandy, "warts and all" is a great way to put it! I might have to make that the title of one of my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, you have a beautiful farm. I like your bridge and am in awe of the beautiful sunset. God has blessed you but most of all He knew you would be a wonderful steward of His land.

    ReplyDelete