Monday, June 20, 2011

Ride 'em Cowgirl!

On Monday my friend Kristin, horsewoman extraordinaire, came over to give me a hand with Skipper. I had decided it was time for me to get on with the business of riding her again. I have handled her quite a lot in the past months and had been gradually gaining my confidence with her, so it was time to stop making excuses and go for it! I had asked Kristin sometime last week if she would come and give me a hand with it and she agreed to make some time for us. I'll have to admit, though, when she called, I starting having second thoughts! I think she might have used her whip on me if I'd have tried to back out of it! Seriously, though, just her coming over gave me that push I needed to finally get me to get on and ride.

Here is a little video of Kristin lunging Skipper...just to get her ready to be ridden.


After Kristin worked with Skipper on the ground, she rode her some...and then it was MY turn!


Kristin tried to get Skipper to pick up the pace a little.


It's going very well!


And let's try going in the other direction.


Skipper and I in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment