Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hay, Hay, Hay!


How exciting for us. The hay has finally been cut and baled. We have spent the whole summer frustrated by the fact that we bought this beautiful farm, and we couldn't even SEE the land, let alone get out on it and enjoy it. But now we can. Greg has been down to the pond several times to throw a few lines in. And I hiked down to gather some willow vines. I could tell I haven't hiked all summer, because I was really out of puff by the time I got back up to the house! I am so anxious to start hiking again.
We also drove the truck out to shut the gates (after they finished haying they left everything open). We saw a few spots where the fences will need to be fixed up a bit before we put anything out there (Greg's hoping to get some cows by next year).
I thought I'd take this opportunity to post some pictures of the farm when we first moved here at the end of March.


This is me, right after we moved in. I'm standing on the bridge that spans the north end of the large pond seen in the first photo.
This is a view of that same pond, taken from the deck before Greg tore down the old chicken house. It was an eyesore that blocked the view of the pond, so it had to go!


Here you see a view of the east side of the old barn. As you can see, we have a lot of work to do to get this place up to snuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment